by Jim Allen
1. Some people can’t be successful because of the background, education,
Anybody can be successful. It’s a matter of wanting to, then doing what it
takes to achieve it.
2. Successful people don’t make mistakes.
Successful people make mistakes just like we all do. They just don’t
3. You’ve got to work 60 (70, 80, 90…) hours a week to be successful.
It’s not a matter of doing A LOT of something. It’s more about doing the
4. You’ll only be a success if you play by the rules.
Who makes up the rules anyway? Each situation is different. Sometimes
following the rules is needed, other times making up your own rules is
5. If you have help along the way, it’s not success.
Success rarely occurs in a vacuum. Recognize the people who help you
become successful, there are plenty of them.
6. It takes a lot of luck to be successful.
It takes *some* luck to be successful, sure. It takes a lot more hard
work, diligence, knowledge, and application.
7. It’s only success if you make a lot of money.
Money is just one of many benefits to success, but it’s not guaranteed.
8. It’s only success if everybody knows it.
You may get more money and more accolades the more people know about what
you’ve done. But, even if you were the only one who knew it, you’d still
be a success.
9. Success is a goal.
Success is more what you get when you achieve the goals you’ve set for
yourself. Saying that you “want to be a success” begs the question: “At
10. Once I’m successful, my troubles are over.
You may be successful, but you’re not God. You’ll still have the ups and
downs that you did before. Enjoy what success you achieve and live each
day as it comes.
By Jim M. Allen.
Jim Allen is a personal & business success coach. For more success ideas,
visit his website at http://www.CoachJim.com